For patients who are missing some or all of their teeth, dentures can be an ideal solution that can provide you with a number of benefits. The dental professionals at Pecan Park Dental in Arlington can help you to achieve a brilliant smile and dramatically improve the way you look and feel.
The benefits of dentures
- Dentures can give you the smile that you’ve been waiting for and are a great solution for those who are missing numerous teeth.
- Dentures improve your ability to chew in that they close any gaps that may be preventing you from having a productive bite.
- Dentures also help improve your pronunciation and allow you to have better speech patterns.
- Dentures can improve your self-esteem by enhancing your facial appearance and structure.
- Dentures are often fully or partially covered by your dental insurance provider. However, it’s best to contact your insurance company beforehand to verify the specifics of your particular insurance policy.
Complete dentures vs. partial dentures
If you still have some healthy natural teeth remaining, then partial dentures may be an effective solution. However, if all of your teeth are missing or cannot be saved with dental treatments, complete dentures are often highly recommended. Complete dentures will usually be put in place approximately 8-12 weeks after your teeth have been removed and your gum tissue has healed. Partial dentures are a temporary bridge that is made of replacement teeth and gum-colored plastic, as well as a metal framework. You can also receive a permanent partial denture that is cemented into your mouth and attached to surrounding teeth via crowns. The entire denture process takes anywhere between 3 weeks to 2 months to be completed, and will generally require several visits to your dentist for impression creations, measurements, and evaluations.
How do you maintain dentures?
You must ensure that you properly maintain your dentures given that plaque and tartar can still build up on them. There are several denture cleaners on the market today that can efficiently clean your dentures and provide you with optimal dental hygiene. You may also want to consider using denture adhesives, which can improve retention and stability, as well as enhance your bite force. Should you find that you are using denture adhesives to affix ill-fitting dentures or if you have not had your dentures evaluated in quite some time, then it is suggested that you consult with your dentist to have your dentures adjusted or replaced.
Looking for a permanent solution to replace missing teeth?
Learn about the benefits of dental implants
Great smiles start here
Contact us & plan your visit
If you’re looking for a skilled yet gentle Arlington dentist, our caring dental team is here to help you achieve and maintain healthy teeth for life!