Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that replace missing roots. Tooth-like crowns then attach to the post to replace the tooth. Implants are the most popular and ideal solution for tooth replacement. Our quality dental implants in Arlington, TX, are permanent and function like natural teeth. They are placed in a small, painless procedure by making use of sedation.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental Implants require a small surgical procedure. Local anesthesia will be used to prevent pain for the patient. The porcelain crown, which imitates a natural tooth, is attached to your dental implant (small titanium post). Functionally, the artificial tooth looks identical to a natural tooth.
Each dental implant procedure is different and will be unique to each patient. Sometimes, the implant will need to fuse with the bone for several months before being crowned permanently. In certain cases, patients can also have temporary new teeth the same day their implants are inserted.
Why Dental Implants?
Dental implants are better than bridgework or dentures, which do not achieve the same functionality and aesthetics.
Implants are the best choice when there is no natural root support or surrounding teeth to make bridgework possible. Implants are preferable to dentures because they provide a permanent solution to tooth replacement and allow patients the ability to resume their daily eating habits.
Our cosmetic dentist in Arlington will discuss your tooth-replacement needs and recommend the best treatment plan for you and dental implants.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Implant technology has continued to advance and is now ultimately the best treatment for tooth replacement. Modern implant dentistry makes it possible to potentially have dental implants even if you don’t have adequate jaw bone or are suffering from other medical conditions. This is, however, dependent on your unique situation and will need to be evaluated and discussed with our specialist.
Implants are the ideal tooth-replacement solution due to benefits such as:
- They behave and act exactly like natural teeth.
- They can last a lifetime if they are taken care of properly.
- Dental Implants prevent bone loss.
- They protect adjacent teeth.
- Implants can prevent premature aging and facial sagging.
- Dental implants immensely improve confidence.
- You can laugh, talk, and eat as you did with your normal teeth
- Dental implants can help maintain healthy gums and prevent disease.
- Dental implants are easy to maintain
- If placed by an experienced cosmetic dentist, dental implants have a success rate of 95-98%.
- Implants allow your mouth to function normally again.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost in Arlington, TX?
Prices for dental implants vary depending on your individual situation. A single-tooth implant can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $6,000.
Multiple dental implants might be necessary. In this case, the cost of each tooth may be lower because some costs are only applied once. An implant-supported three- or four-tooth dental bridge can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000. Full-mouth dental implant costs can reach up to $35,000 and more.
Call our office in Arlington, TX, to get more information on dental implant costs. Our team will gladly answer all your questions.
Do I Qualify for Dental Implants?
Your cosmetic dentist will do all they can to ensure that you qualify for the dental implant procedure. During the qualification process, your dentist will look for certain traits, such as:
- Candidates should have enough bone in their jaw.
- Candidates should practice good oral hygiene.
- Candidates must have good dental habits.
- Candidates must have healthy gums.
These are just a few patients that may not be eligible for dental implants:
- Anybody with any kind of medical condition that can affect bone mass
- People who are generally unwell
- Patients whose jaws are too small for implants
Before you can decide if dental implants are right for you, it is important to see our dental implant dentist in Arlington, TX. Our specialists will be able to determine your eligibility after a consultation. They will answer all your questions and do all they can to help you get your smile back!
What Are the Disadvantages of Dental Implants?
Just as with any dental procedure, there are always potential risks. Depending on the case, here are some possible disadvantages of dental implants.
- Implants can be more costly upfront than other options for tooth restoration. Implants are more costly upfront in comparison to bridges and dentures, but the long-term cost of implants is lower since they are permanent. Dentures need to be replaced every few years, which adds up quite a bit financially.
- Multiple appointments may be necessary. It depends on your bone growth rate and the type of implant treatment you need. You may need to return several times before the dental implants can permanently be fixed.
- Dental implant placement requires minor operations on the gum and jaw, whereas other tooth replacement options do not. The procedure will require either a general or local anesthetic.
- Even though dental implants are extremely successful, there is still the risk of complications such as damage to teeth, blood vessels, and nerves, gum infections, and sinus problems. These risks can be reduced by selecting a highly-trained cosmetic dentist like ours here at Pecan Park Dental.
Our doctor will be happy to consult with you about any possible risks associated with dental implants.
What Is the Dental Implants Procedure?
Dental implants can require several surgical procedures depending on your unique case. After a thorough examination, our cosmetic dentist will walk you through the steps necessary for your treatment.
Our doctor will review your medical history to create a personalized treatment plan. Dental implant surgery is usually performed in an outpatient setting to allow for healing between procedures. These are the steps for the dental implant procedure.
- The tooth that is broken or damaged will be removed
- If required, jawbone grafting will take place
- Implant placement of the post
- Bone healing and growth
- Placement of an abutment
- Implementation of an artificial tooth
Can Dental Implants Be Done in One Day?
A single procedure for same-day dental implants can be done in 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending on the case and how many implants are needed. While you won’t be able to have your permanent teeth placed, you can have a complete smile with your temporaries.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
The procedure for dental implants is not painful as you will be under anesthesia. As for the type of anesthesia, most dental implant procedures can be performed under local anesthesia. Patients with certain medical conditions may require conscious or general sedation.
For more information and to schedule a consultation, call our cosmetic dental office in Arlington, TX. Our team of experts will gladly answer all your questions about dental implants.
The Best Alternatives to Dental Implants
Our doctors can advise you on the alternatives for dental implants if you are not eligible. These are some other options for teeth replacement:
- Implant-supported bridge
- Bridges made from resin-bonded materials
- Full dentures
- Partial dentures
- Implant-supported dentures
- Dental bridges
Get Started On Your Journey to a New Smile!
Contact us today for more information about dental implant technology. Our friendly, knowledgeable, and compassionate staff will be happy to help you.
We look forward to getting to get to know you and sharing your smile journey together!
Great smiles start here
Contact us & plan your visit
If you’re looking for a skilled yet gentle Arlington dentist, our caring dental team is here to help you achieve and maintain healthy teeth for life!